Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Last week in all of the snow, ice and horrible winter weather I had water damage due to an ice dam in my box gutters. Water running in - damage to the floors and ceiling - but this reminded me that with the melting snow and ice check your windows and lower level floors for water infiltration.

If you have an Oriental Rug in the finished lower level check it for signs of water damage. Often time we do not go down stairs and it is an easy area to over look. It the rug is damp get it dried out as soon as possible. Use a small fan and try to raise the damp area off the floor. Water, when allowed to stand on a rug for a prolonged time, Will cause color run and also mold and mildew. It the mold is allowed to grown unchecked you could end up with a major problem in your home.

If you have any questions please call me at 513-251-2351 or email me at orientalrugman@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment